Rock Rose Hydrosol
$18.00 – $79.00
Botanical Hydrosols can be used as an addition to vaginal or facial steam water (in Shakti Spa a few tablespoons added to 4 to 6 oz of water)
- as vaginal infusion and as water used in the Ayurveda tradition uttara vasti
- As an after steam mist to vulva
- As a vulva mist for all types of vulva and vaginal skin problems like burning, itching, redness associated with yeast and bacterial vaginosis, bartholyns gland inflammation and more.
The Cistus Ladanifer
Our Rock Rose Hydrosol uses the Rock Rose, most commonly found growing wild in the grasslands of Central Spain and Southern Europe, but may have seen use and cultivation across the Hellenestic world. Stems can grow over 4 feet tall, with sturdy, woody bases. These multi-colored, layered flowers grow 5 – 8 cm. in diameter, with 5 thin white pedals, yellow stamens, and maroon pistels. Though many colored variations exist, the most common is the paper-white. The Rock Rose as a topical solution has been used for thousands of years, with many crediting 10th Century Persian polymath, Avicenna as being the first to distill the essence of roses for use in natural medicine. Rose water and essential oils were carried by the Crusaders to Europe, where eventually these exotic natural goods from the Near-East would shape the future of civilization through the contact made around the basis of trade.
Uses For The Rock Rose Hydrosol
- Balance the Natural Oils on Your Skin
- Prevents and Diminishes Aging
- Antioxidant Rich Protection
- Reduce Redness, Irritation, and Blemishes on the Face
- A Natural Astringent
Rock Rose or Witch Hazel: What’s The Difference?
Both our Rock Rose Hydrosol and Witch Hazel share many properties and are commonly used in hydrosols, tonics, and toners. While similar, Rock Rose tends to be gentler, and a better option for all skin types. Witchhazel is a slightly more astringent, and is valued by those with oily skin, seen more often in natural treatments for skin problems. While both can be used interchangably, Witch Hazel is more commonly used to prevent or treat problems, while the Rock Rose softens and hydrates the skin.
2oz, 4oz, 8oz, 16oz, 32oz
There are no reviews yet.